Frequently Asked Questions
What work do I have to do to bring chair massage to my office?
- Provide the space necessary for the therapist to work. A conference room, break room or unused office works nicely.
- Inform your employees about the program and scheduling options.
How much space is necessary?
- Very little space is required - usually a 5x6 foot area is sufficient for the massage therapist to set up the chair and equipment and have enough room to move around comfortably.
What is the best way to inform my employees about the chair massage event?
- We can provide templates that can be printed out and displayed around the office or easily forwarded to your employees.
Does my company need to provide any massage equipment?
- No. We will provide everything necessary for the chair massage event, including a chair specifically designed for massage, face cradle covers, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer to ensure
proper hygiene and cleanliness for each participant, lotion, relaxing music, etc...
Do the participants need to remove clothing?
- No. During a chair massage, you remain fully clothed, though you may be asked to remove a jacket or obstructive jewelry if you are comfortable to do so.
Does the therapist use oils?
- No oils are used in chair massage. Sometimes a light and absorbent lotion is applied during hand massage. Please let the therapist know if you prefer no lotion, or have any medical conditions or
What if I want more or less pressure?
- Just ask! The massage therapist is trained to adapt to a wide variety of body types and sensitivities to pressure.
Can I have the therapist work on just one area?
- At the beginning of the massage, the therapist will ask if you have any specific concerns. if you'd like the massage therapist to focus on one specific area, just ask.
Will I be tired afterwards?
- Not at all! It's easy to mistake a sense of relaxation for fatigue. In fact, research has shown chair massage recipients to be more alert and focused afterwards.
I'm pregnant. Can I still get a chair massage?
- Massage is not recommended during the first trimester. Otherwise massage can be very beneficial for women during pregnancy.
Are there contraindications for chair massage?
- Yes. Medical contraindications include but are not limited to: uncontrolled diabetes, uncontrolled hypertension, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases, recent surgeries, recent injuries, use
of blood thinners, bruise easily, blood clots, stroke or paralysis. If you are concerned about chair massage, please ask.
Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes. We accept all major credit cards, cash or checks.
What is your cancellation/ refund policy?
- I understand that things happen. If you need to cancel or reschedule your event, please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice to ensure a full refund.
Are gratuities or tips expected?
- Gratuities are not expected or necessary, but of course they are an excellent way to let the massage therapist know they've done and outstanding job. If you do choose to tip, the average amount
Are your therapists licensed and insured?
- Yes. I am Board Certified, licensed by the state of Georgia and insured through ABMP.